Orthodontic Treatment for Children in Frisco, Little Elm, and McKinney, TX
Dr. Dula and our Frisco orthodontic team recommend that your child visit our office no later than age seven. While this may seem like a young age, it is the perfect time for Dr. Dula to evaluate your child’s growth and development, and potentially treat problems early.
If your child requires orthodontic treatment at this age, we will begin with Phase 1 treatment. This allows Dr. Dula to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child's jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb sucking and help improve minor speech problems
Phase 2 treatment begins when all of your child’s permanent teeth have erupted and focuses on straightening the teeth with braces.
Dula Orthodontics, which is located in the Frisco, Little Elm, and McKinney, TX area, is a child-friendly office in the with a team that genuinely cares about making your child’s orthodontic experience positive. We have a great reward system to encourage good compliance and home care, as well as fun contests throughout the year.
Please contact our Frisco orthodontic office to schedule an appointment for your child’s orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now will give your child a healthy, beautiful smile for the future.
Orthodontic Treatment for Teens in Frisco, Little Elm, and McKinney, TX
If you’re a teen who needs braces, you may be worried about a lot of things: how will you look, what can’t you eat, and how big of a hassle will it be, just to name a few. As a patient at Dula Orthodontics, you don’t need to worry about any of these things! We make it as easy as possible for you to get a great smile while living life to the fullest.
Dr. Dula offers traditional metal braces and clear braces at our Frisco orthodontic office. The braces used today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
Whether you choose traditional metal or clear braces, your length of treatment will depend on two things: the amount of tooth movement you require and your cooperation. It’s important to follow all the directions given by Dr. Dula in regards to wearing your appliances, hygiene instructions, and food restrictions, since cavities and broken brackets can extend your time in braces.
Creating smiles and a little fun, too!
Dr. Dula and our team want you to enjoy your orthodontic treatment and visits to our office as much as possible. We’ve created a fun rewards system so you can earn tokens for compliance, maintaining good oral hygiene, and coming in for your scheduled appointments. Then, use your tokens to choose among our large collection of prizes!
When you visit our Frisco orthodontic office, you’ll enjoy our relaxed, comfortable atmosphere, and feel at home with our fun, interactive team. We are genuinely interested in getting to know you and helping the Frisco, Little Elm, and McKinney, TX community to achieve the best, most beautiful smile.
Orthodontic Treatment for Adults in Frisco, Little Elm, and McKinney, TX
If you’re an adult looking for a straighter, healthier smile, you’re in luck! Braces are no longer just for children and teens. In fact, one in five of our Frisco orthodontic patients is an adult!
Dr. Dula is a board-certified orthodontist with more than 19 years of experience providing orthodontic care to people just like you who want a stunning smile. Our orthodontic office boasts a private treatment area for our adult patients, ensuring the one-on-one attention you deserve.
Dr. Dula offers several braces options to meet the unique needs of his Frisco, Little Elm, and McKinney patients, including treatment for crowding and overbites with traditional metal braces, aesthetic ceramic braces, and self-ligating braces.
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, which may help prevent other health problems like gum disease.
- A correct bite will reduce uneven wear and tear on your teeth as you get older.
- Straight teeth can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life.
Compliance is the key for all successful orthodontics, so be sure to follow Dr. Dula’s instructions regarding home care and visit our Frisco orthodontic office for adjustments. We’ll have you on your way to a beautiful, healthy smile in no time!
The difference between adult orthodontics and orthodontics for children and teens:
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens, is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones. Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Our practice also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.